CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Groundhog Day...A Little Late

Austin comes up to me on Saturday and says, "It's Groundhog Day. I need to know if the groundhog saw his shadow." Ok. So I tell him, I'll check in a minute. In that minute, he decided he could not wait, he was going to check himself to see if he can see his shadow. Proceeds to put on pants (thank goodness. If you know Austin, he hangs out in his wife beater undershirt and boxers for AS LONG AS POSSIBLE on days when there's no school), and his snow boots (no coat, mind you) and heads for the door. I intercept with "I pulled it up on Yahoo, the groundhog DID see his shadow." The next couple minutes were a blur, because I'm not sure what happened, but there was body flailing, and crying. In retrospect, I figured out that Austin is VERY ready for spring and was expressing his displeasure at the thought of 6 more weeks of winter.
Here is a article about Punxatawny Phil if you are so inclined.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gee, I hope Austin doesn't have Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). I guess he's tired of playing indoors all the time. Love you, Austin!

Melanie said...

poor Austin! Isn't he enjoying building snow men & snow forts in his wife beater & boxer shorts? Most guys would dig that. ha, ha! What a little cutie pie!