CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Letterboxing, June 9

So I was reading my friend Stacey's blog a while ago, and she talked about a letterboxing adventure they had as a family. It sounded like a good idea. I was desperate for a Family Home Evening idea. So I just did a little internet research (Really, where would we be without internet?), and presto, I have a plan. I went to letterboxing.org and found a couple that would be easy for the kids. Got my neighbor Annette and her kids on board, and away we went. We went to Murray Park and learned about Chief Wasatch (Utah history and FHE in one activity? Awesome!).

while on the trail to find the letter box for Chief Wasatch, we went to look at the very large ship guns that are at the entrance to Murray Park. While we were looking at them, a gentleman came up to us and explained the history of the guns, and a little more about them since there was not a plaque explaining them. It was great to hear how passionate he was about the history of the guns. Double history lesson!

Found it!!

It was still early in the evening, so we decided to see if we could find another. We went to Wheeler Farm, and did not have any luck finding the letterbox we intended, but we found another one.

Mitchell and Ashton

I love Austin's outfit!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that sounds like a fun activity. what exactly is letterboxing? I've never heard of it.

The Duncan Proect said...

It is pretty exciting when you kind the box isn't it? Maybe we can find a site for the kids to find when we are in town.